Monday, June 23, 2014

Worst Gardener Ever!



When I checked the garden last week, it was grassy and pitiful, and I made plans to remedy that situation this weekend.  Although I was up before the sun, it was late in the morning by the time I finally dragged myself to the garden. 

What a mess!

The original plan was to crank up the little tiller and use it to take out the weeds closest to the plants, then do the middles with the big tiller.  However, the previous tilling had left mounds and trenches that impeded the little tiller's progress, so I swapped tillers to do the middles first, then go back with the little tiller. 

The truth is that my heart just wasn't in it.  When I started, it was already putrid hot, but there was a cloud cover, so the job wasn't too bad.  About 45 minutes into the job the sun came out in full force.  I worked for another few minutes then shut the machinery down and came back to the house, intending to go back in the late afternoon, when the garden would be shady.  The return trip never happened.

None of the plants look very athletic.  Because of all the rain, everything is stunted and yellow.  I don't know if fertilizing would help or hurt, but something needs to be done.  The thing is, I am currently too lazy to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment