Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sanding....


When The Husband asked if I wanted anything in particular for my birthday, I told him I wanted a Dremel tool.  And guess what?  HE GOT IT FOR ME!  YAY!  And he got some cool accessories to go with it.

I could not WAIT to try it out.  As soon as I got home from work today, I loaded a wire brush into the collet, rounded up an extension cord, and went outside to see if the Dremel would take the chipping paint off my concrete patio table. 

This thing rocks.

Only maybe the wire brush was not the right tool for the job.  After about 20 minutes of sanding, I noticed that the brush was getting smaller.  Five more minutes, and the bristles were down to nubs.  And I didn't get anywhere NEAR finished.

But I've got a mouse sander and a wire brush, and that paint is coming off that table today, one way or another, for I want to repaint the table to match a two-butt rocker I bought this weekend. 

Running the Dremel and the sander are what I call "zone out" activities - you know, things you can do while you think about other things.  I was out there, sanding away, when I realized that the sun had come out and was cooking my head right through my hat.  I've laid the power tools aside for the moment, but as soon as the house shades the patio table, I'll be having another go at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment