Thursday, May 14, 2015

Fertilizing and Critter Watch


Butterbeans up.
Green beans up.
Purple hull peas up.
Cucumbers up.
Tomatoes blooming.

All seems to be well in the garden, except that (1) we're getting a lot of rain, and (2) there's a critter running amuck. 

In spots, my garden is still muddy from the last rain, and it's supposed to rain for the next three days.  I temporarily hilled up some dirt around my tomatoes, and dug some hoe-trenches running away from the hills, hoping to run some of the water away from the plants.  I also side-dressed the butterbeans and green beans with a fairly light dose of 6-12-12 in the hope that the coming rain will melt it nicely into the soil. 

As for that critter....  Whatever it is, it appears to be dragging a tail behind it.  It doesn't appear to be eating anything. 

Yet. 

I bet it likes tomatoes and squash.

This may mean war.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment