Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fungus Part 2

I went back to work in the tomato patch yesterday after the cloud passed, but even with my husband's help, I did not finish removing all of the infected leaves. After work today, we got busy and managed to cut off the rest of the freckled leaves. We were ruthless with our knives. The tomato plants now look almost like miniature palm trees - naked stalks, with little tufts of leaves at the tops.

Just as I finished fertilizing the tomato plants, another storm cloud blew in. Less than 5 minutes after we returned to the house, the bottom fell out of the sky. It's pouring rain right now. I'm glad I didn't have time to apply the fungicide/pesticide mixture, as the rain would have promptly washed it off.

The forecast for tomorrow shows more rain, but clear skies on Friday. Hopefully, the fungus won't eat the rest of the leaves before I have a chance to spray.

---------------

No comments:

Post a Comment