Sunday, June 7, 2009

Time for a Break

It took about 5 more hours, but I finally finished defungusing and debugging the tomatoes yesterday. Now, I just need to run the tiller between the rows to de-grass, and, hopefully, the tomato patch can be on auto-pilot for a few days.

The "bean garden" is looking good. The Great Northern beans are blooming. The running beans - green beans and limas - are halfway up their supports, already.

The squash plants have little yellow squashes on them. They should be "eating size" in a couple of days. I planted a few zucchini seeds yesterday. Since the ground is warm and moist, they should pop right up.

The pepper plants have made a few jalapeno and bell peppers big enough to eat. I hope they save their energy and make their big crop just as the tomatoes are ripening so that I can have enough peppers for salsa.

Eggplants are blooming.

The okra is only about 3" tall. It's waiting for some serious summer heat before it'll begin to produce.

The broccoli, which I planted far too late, is making heads. So are the cabbages. Only one purple cabbage plant survived the rabbit, but it is beautiful enough to be in a flower garden.

The sweet peas, which I also planted too late, are about to poop out in this heat. Next week, I'll probably pull them up and plant more squash in their place.

Meanwhile, I'm going camping in the Ozarks. See you in a few days!

---------------

No comments:

Post a Comment