Thursday, May 16, 2013

At Last....


(You know the tune.)

Aaaat laaaaast, my love has come along
With a tractor and some disk blades.
Now I can sing my garden song.

Eggplaaaaaant, squash, zucchini, too.
Tomatoes and bell peppers.
Bush beans from lakes of blue.

(Ok, ok...yes, enough.)

Seriously, The Husband disked the garden yesterday, and I went at it with the tiller this afternoon.  Tilled up 7 rows.  Nearly killed me.  But there's a threat of rain tonight, and I wanted to get the plants in the ground while it's dry enough.

All that stuff you saw above, plus some carrots, went in the ground today.  And I still have lots more room.  If it doesn't rain, tomorrow I'll plant some tiger eye beans that my grandson picked out of the seed catalog (no idea what they'll be like) and some cucumbers. 

(Note to self:  yes, you put down fertilizer in the rows you planted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment