Wednesday, September 6, 2017

From the back porch - 9/6/17


Supper ingredients are prepped, and after we've eaten and cleaned up the dishes, I intend to have a one-woman Zelda-thon until nearly bedtime, if I wanna.  But I have a little time between now and when The Husband gets home.

It is an absolutely gorgeous evening here.  Temp is about 76 degrees.  It's sunny and still.  Birds chirping.  Crickets and frogs and various unknown things humming.  If  I didn't know that the northwest section of this country is on fire, and the southeast section is (or is about to be) under water, and some crazy guy on the other side of the world is playing with big guns, I might spend this pleasant evening less anxiously.

I might also be less anxious if The Husband had not killed a baby snake on the sidewalk yesterday evening.  Finding a baby snake is WAY WORSE than finding an adult snake.  He thought this one might've been a copperhead.  I'm hoping it wasn't.  I'm hoping it didn't have 10 or 12 siblings living under my porch.  They can't crawl up through cracks in the floor (we had the underside screened to keep mosquitoes out), but I bet they can get it around the screen doors.  If I find one on the porch, I'll be trapped in the house for the rest of my life.

The Husband sprinkled Snake Stopper all around the house.  It looks like it snowed here, and smells like Red Hots.






No comments:

Post a Comment