Tuesday, August 29, 2017

From the back porch - 8/29/17


The Husband made it to California just fine, thanks for asking.  I'll be glad when he gets home.

Meanwhile, I putter.

I was right irked with myself yesterday afternoon for goofing off the way I did, but I just could not get interested in anything.  I've done better today.  When I got home from work, I made myself sit down and get to work embroidering some towels I bought for a wedding gift.  My cousin's kid is the bride.  They invited me to a shower last weekend, but I was battling the devil at the time (it was a draw) and did not go.  Plus, I'd only learned of the shower a few days in advance, and I hadn't had time to do the towels.  I did them today.  Nothing fancy, just an initial with an oval border around it.  I hope she likes them.

Here it is, nearly the first of September, and I have not started on Christmas things for my craft booth.  Hadn't even given it much thought until I found a table topper I'd not finished last year.  I spent days blanket-stitching felt snowmen on this table topper, and then melted the embossed background fabric when I pressed it.  I wanted to cry.  After a bit of sniveling, I shoved it in a bag and forgot about it. This year, it doesn't look nearly so bad to me.  I think I can patch that melty spot with a snowflake.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment