Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A Sad Day :( 5/23/2019


This morning, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and I am very, very sad.

My "baby boy" and his family are moving away today, and my heart is breaking.

We've known for quite some time that this day was coming.  Last summer, my son learned that his job position would be eliminated in the not-so-distant future, and he began looking for other employment.  He found a good job working for the same employer, but it required him to move to east Tennessee.  In March of this year, he started his new job.  Since it was so close to the end of the school year, his wife and children stayed behind to finish school, sell the house, and prepare for the move.  The separation has been hard on them all, and part of me is glad that my son and family will be together again.

But Tennessee is a long state, and from our home in the lower left-hand corner to their new home in the upper right-hand corner is almost 500 miles. 

For months, I've been telling myself that lots of parents/grandparents live far away from their children/grandchildren, that it is a situation that can be survived. 

Still . . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment