Monday, May 28, 2018

Garden report - 5/28/2018


This Memorial Day has been a pleasant day.  My brother invited my sister and me to his house for a barbeque lunch.  It was a fun visit.  He showed off his vegetable garden, which is WAY ahead of my garden.  His squash plants are blooming, and he has pretty good-sized green tomatoes on the vines. 

Nanny invited us to supper about an hour after we came home from my brother's house.  After we'd cleaned up the dishes, I went outside, fired up the tiller, and re-tilled the three rows I opened up yesterday morning.  We set up another hog-wire fence for the green beans to run on (I planted tomatoes along last year's green bean fence), and planted a row of green beans on either side of it.  We planted one long row of butterbeans, and several hills of cucumbers.  The ground is damp enough that the seeds ought to sprout right on up.

That new fence might be a surprise for the deer that move across Nanny's back yard at night.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment