Monday, July 9, 2018

Birthday Loot


Look what I got for my birthday!




The Husband and The Grandson hooked me up.  They put it together on the back porch, and I immediately filled it with the compost I've been making.  Had a whole wagon full, and some left over. 

I said to The Grandson, "Let's go spread this around the tomatoes at 5:30 [when the garden is in shade]."  At 5:15, the bottom fell out of the sky, and it rained hard for about 20 minutes.  I wasn't about to drag the wagon, heavy with wet compost, down Nanny's long driveway.

When I came home from work today, I pulled it down there and shoveled compost around all of the tomatoes.  Don't know if it will help them, but it can't hurt them (can it?).  Even had a bit left over to do a few of the squash.

Unfortunately, one of the two cotter pins that holds the handle on came out, and I couldn't find it anywhere.  Thankfully, I caught it before the little peg fell out.  I can get another cotter pin at the hardware store.

We're getting another hard rain shower right this minute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment