Thursday, April 23, 2020

Bread - April 23, 2020


I bet you've been waiting with bated breath to hear what I did yesterday.

Well, I'll tell you.

I took a morning stroll around the yard.  I'd found a cool weed (I guess it is a weed) the day before and went out to take a picture to show you, but the blooms were closed up and it looked mostly like grass.  I took a picture, anyway, thinking I'd take another picture when the blooms opened, but it rained later in the day, and when I went back out to take picture #2, they were closed up again. 

When The Grandson got out of bed, he wanted to try making bread again, so we gave it another whirl.  We followed the recipe to the letter.  The bread rose.  We punched it down, let it rest 10 minutes, then put it in the loaf pans to rise again.  It rose.  A few minutes after we put it in the oven (heated to the specified baking temperature), it collapsed.

I have no clue.

While the bread was rising, I washed and dried and put away five loads of clothes.

Today, I'm going to drive Nanny to the doctor.

Tomorrow, I may start a new quilt, or at least decide on a pattern for a new quilt.  I have a goal of making a quilt for each of my five grandchildren.  Three down, two to go.  The first grandchild quilt that I made was for my oldest granddaughter.  She was 6 years old at the time.  When I asked her what she wanted on her quilt, she said, "Princesses!"  She has out-grown the princess phase, and I believe the quilt is in storage, somewhere.  This has taught me a lesson.  When I asked granddaughter #2 what she wanted on her quilt, she said, "Marvel comic characters!" 

She is not getting a Marvel comics quilt.






No comments:

Post a Comment