Monday, January 30, 2023

Music - January 30, 2023

I was lucky enough to get to hear some live music two days in a row!

Yesterday (Sunday), the Blackwood Brothers sang at Nanny's church.  We went to the 11:00 service, stayed for potluck dinner, then went back to the sanctuary to hear the singing.  I love old-time gospel music!  

Tonight I took my sons and their wives and some of their children (the ones who are in their school bands) to see the Glenn Miller Orchestra.  I love big band music!

* * * * * * * * 

Tonight, it's cold, and raining.  I am glad to be working from home so I won't have to drive icy roads tomorrow, but I worry about my sons having to drive it.  They both have to leave for work so early on a good day.  The ice will probably add an hour (each way) to their commutes.  On top of that, The Husband is in Nashville and may be coming home on ice tomorrow.  

* * * * * * * * 

Our leaf shredder arrived Friday.  We assembled it that night.  The next morning, I rolled it out to the yard and began shredding the piles of leaves I raked up more than a week earlier.  The shredder did a good job, and it wasn't long until I'd filled up the wagon, the wheelbarrow, and the catcher bag that came with the shredder.  And there were still piles of leaves in the yard.  The Husband went down to Nanny's and got the tractor.  We dumped the leaf debris in the tractor bucket, and The Husband drove it down to the garden and dumped it, then he came back for another load.  The catcher bag that comes with the shredder is - well, not very effective.  It doesn't fit well.  As much leaf mulch goes on the ground under the shredder as goes in the bag.  But The Husband was smart enough to move the shredder in front of the tractor bucket, and we shredded the leaves straight into the bucket.  

We didn't have much time to work, so after the second bucket-load got dumped, we quit in time to shower off the dust (leaf shredding is dusty business), change clothes, and get to Granddaughter #4's birthday party.  She is two years old and has blue eyes, curly hair, and the sweetest smile you ever saw.  And she's rotten.  ;)

But I love rotten babies!  :)

  


No comments:

Post a Comment