Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Happy Monday - February 21, 2023

No, wait...it's not Monday, it's Tuesday.  Yesterday was President's Day, and we were off work, so today feels like Monday.  I don't know why; since I work from home now, every day is pretty much the same (weekends included).

Sunday was Son #1's birthday.  His wife threw him a mini-party Saturday evening, and we went over to their house for an early birthday supper.  There was good eatin' and a little pickin' and singin' - two guitars and a baritone ukulele.  I even pulled out a mandolin and played the 3 chords I know.  ;)

Sunday, I got a bee in my bonnet and worked in the yard until I nearly dropped in my tracks. The new leaf shredder got a heck of a work-out, too, and now the rose bushes are all pruned, and the vegetable garden has three more tractor buckets full of shredded leaves dumped on it.  

I hope this shredded leaf filler project doesn't totally screw up the pH in the garden soil.  And I hope the leaf shredder ground the sweet gum seeds into powder; otherwise, there may be a sweet gum forest sprouting in the garden next year.

When I got out of bed yesterday morning, I felt Sunday's yard work from head to toe.  Mid-morning, I put on my gloves and did more raking to work the soreness out.  It was not much fun, so I didn't do it all that long.  Piles of leaves and sweet gum balls dot the yard.  I should grind them before it rains on them, but I probably won't.

We are planning a little get-away this weekend.  Sister-in-law and her husband are coming along.  I am not entirely sure where we're going.  The original plan was to go to Louisiana to listen to some live cajun music and eat some good food.  But the place I picked (not really knowing where it was on the map) is 8 hours away by car, so we all decided that so much time on the road would eat up too much of our long weekend.  Instead, we picked a place about 4 hours from home, and we're going to go "junkin'" instead of listening to music.  That's quite ok with me, for I like junkin'.  

Not that I need any more junk.







No comments:

Post a Comment