Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Plans - October 24, 2023

In case you've been wondering how the greeting card project is coming along, it isn't.

I had all the ingredients but never baked the cake, metamorphically speaking.  

The event happened this past weekend.  In all honesty, until Monday of last week, I thought the thing was to happen THIS COMING weekend, and I had an "oh shit" moment.  But, really, all I had to do was print out 24 cards, put them in the envelope rack (which is still in a box in my entry hall), and deliver them.  I could've done that in a couple of hours, barring a power failure, or something.  I put off printing the cards for so long that, by the final day, I'd talked myself out of doing it, altogether.  I had not promised anybody anything, so there was nobody to disappoint but myself.  And I was okay with that at the time.

Can you believe it?

Part of the truth is that I let myself get distracted by the brother/daddy painting.  Part of the truth is that I was afraid my cards would not sell and I would be embarrassed.   

I am mad at myself about it now.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This is painting class day.  On my kitchen table is a piece of stretched watercolor paper, taped to a sewing room cutting mat.  On the paper is a very light pencil sketch of the brother/daddy painting (minus the faces).  It's going to class with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment