Friday, October 9, 2026

It's almost here - October 9, 2025

This has been an unusually busy week.  I have left the house almost every day!  😅

Monday, I went to work (a "special assignment") with The Old Boss, and then I went to the final class reunion committee meeting.  I can't remember what I did Tuesday.  Wednesday, I got a long-overdue haircut and then picked up the Little Rotten Baby from school.  Yesterday, I shopped for household necessities and filled up my car with gas.  This evening, I will join some of my classmates for a pre-reunion get-together at a local restaurant.  Tomorrow morning, we will be decorating the venue, and then the reunion will start at 6 p.m.  

Whew!

Yesterday, my class reunion outfit arrived.  Bell-bottom jeans (stretch denim, since gravity has taken its toll on my butt) and a tie-dye T-shirt with a peace sign on the front.  Hah!  I wish I had some "stacks" to complete the outfit, but my old feet would complain, plus I'd probably break my neck trying to walk in them. 

I will be glad when the event is over.  

The craft room has gone unattended this week.  I don't even feel guilty about being unproductive.  

Frankly, I am a little disheartened about the jewelry-making enterprise.  The poor showing at last month's vendor booth was disappointing.  Yes, I did sell a few things, and there were extenuating circumstances that caused a poor turn-out.  And, yes, I've already paid for a booth at a better-attended event in November, but if I were to sell every single thing I've made so far at the next event, it might pay for the booth rental but would nowhere NEAR recoup all the money I've spent on supplies.  

Oh, well . . ."it's kept me off the streets," as they say.






No comments:

Post a Comment