Friday, May 15, 2009

Here we go....

Today, it's about 85 degrees, and the sun is shining. It hasn't rained for a couple of days. The last time I was in the tomato patch, grass was poking up between the rows. Looks like it's time for a tillin'.

Rumor has it that the little black tiller is coughing and sputtering. I'm thinking that whoever tried to crank it forgot the crucial step of talking to it, first. It's especially necessary the first time out. So, as soon as I get on my gardening attire and hitch the wagon to the lawnmower, I'm heading to the shed for a chat with Blackie and, hopefully, an afternoon of tilling.

When that's done, if I have any energy left, I'm also going to set some fence posts so I can do a Florida weave with the clothesline rope I just bought at the garden center. I'd like to get the stakes up for the running beans, too, but that's not likely to happen today.

---------

No comments:

Post a Comment