Monday, May 11, 2009

Rain, rain, go away...for a little while

I needn't have worried about watering my seeds. The old folks say that if it rains on the first day of the month, it'll rain for the next 15 days. It rained on the 1st of May, and nearly every day since then. A few of the tomatoes that Nanny planted in the "original" garden plot have drowned. The new tomato patch, which is situated on a hillside, looks good so far. (Later, I may have to dig moats around each tomato to keep the water from running downhill.)

The beans came up well. Squash and okra are up. Cucumbers, which I planted well over a week ago, are just starting to show themselves.

I'd like to plant more things, but if I were to step into the garden right now, we'd need heavy equipment to pull me out.

----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment