Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tilling and Staking


Okay, got the tomatoes staked, and the whole tomato patch tilled. Some "yard-long" bean seeds that I planted earlier in the week have begun to sprout. Peppers are coming along fine. Later in the day, I added basil, sage, dill, parsley, and oregano plants in the tomato patch, and eggplants and dill in the original garden plot. I planted rosemary and bay laurel, too, but I may move them tomorrow, as they are supposed to be perennials, and I don't want them to be plowed under next year.




My gardening assistant - having volunteered to help, mind you - was happier than he looks when the job was done. Or maybe he'd just noticed that I'd bent the crap out of the wagon tongue before he joined me in the garden.







But just LOOK what I found
while I was working!













The original garden plot is still too wet to till. Gourd-y, the scarecrow, stands vigil in the beans until I can get out there to work.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's about time you quit referring to this as a "garden" and start calling it A FARM!

    eliz.

    ReplyDelete