Saturday, July 28, 2012

Purple Hull Peas

This evening, The Husband and I planted six rows of purple hull peas.  We missed the almanac's planting window by a day, but maybe they'll make.

The broccoli and brussels sprouts that I planted last week have come up.  I could not believe how quickly they sprouted.  I planted them Friday afternoon.  By Saturday night, there was a white dot in one of the tray compartments on the broccoli side.  By Sunday morning, ALL of the broccoli side had sprouted.  By Monday afternoon, the brussels sprouts were up, too.

They're leggy, though.  They're in a south window, with a flourescent light shining on them, but they seem to need more light than they're getting.  I'm scared to put them outside - even in the shade - in this heat.  Cross your fingers that I can keep them alive until they can go outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment