Friday, May 26, 2017

May 26 - Re-planting


The sky was overcast this afternoon, and the temperature was mild, and the wind was blowing, just right for working outside, and so I got my lazy butt up and went to work in the garden with the hoe.  If Mother Nature would accommodate me with one such day every week, I believe I could raise a pretty good garden.

I re-planted a few skips in the pole beans and okra, and put some hyacinth bean vine seeds in the ground beside every fence post.  I soaked the bean vine seeds for only a few minutes before I planted them (I think you're supposed to soak them overnight),  but it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so maybe they'll get soaked some more.  I may regret planting those with the cucumbers and the beans; if they come up, they will fight for territory on the fence.  But if they win, won't they be pretty?

I meant to plant more squash on the one empty row at the back of the garden, but I smooth forgot to do it, and I've already cleaned the dirt from under my fingernails, so it's not happening today.

No comments:

Post a Comment