Thursday, January 4, 2018

Raccoon Turd Reminiscence - 1/4/18



I was looking through some pictures on my computer tonight, and ran across a folder containing pictures we took during a trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas a few years ago.  It was a fun trip.  We rented a cabin on Bear Lake, which we used as a base for day trips all over that corner of Arkansas.  It was a one-room cabin on the 2nd floor of a 4-cabin unit.  We got there middle of the afternoon, checked in, and hauled our suitcases up the stairs.  Halfway up, I spied an actual TURD on one of the steps.  It looked like it probably came out of a medium-sized dog, maybe a cocker spaniel or poodle.  It was fairly fresh.  I said to The Husband, "Ewww...there's an actual turd on the step...don't step in it.  I hope this is not a bad sign."  We took our suitcases inside and were relieved to find that the room was very clean and well equipped - little kitchenette at one end, sitting area at the other, bed in between.  Big old tacky jacuzzi tub right in the middle of the room....

We stowed our stuff and went outside to check out the view, and after a little bit we headed back to the car to do some sight-seeing.  On the way down the steps, we saw the poop again.  The Husband got a stick and raked it off the step so we wouldn't step in it when we came back.  We drove around and scouted out a couple of places we wanted to explore the next day.  We ate burgers at a biker bar, and went back to the cabin.

There was another turd on the step, and one or two more on the balcony.

I said, "For crying out loud, who would let their dog POOP ON THE PORCH!"

The Husband said it might be a raccoon.

As far as I knew, I'd never seen raccoon poop, nor even imagined what it might be like, so I allowed that he could be right, but, based on the number of poops, I also wondered if the 'coon had a digestive issue.  And then I looked up.


He had company.


We laughed and laughed.

* * * * *



No comments:

Post a Comment