Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow! 1-12-2018

Yesterday, my boss (the best boss ever) said, "If it's bad in the morning, don't come to work.  In fact, don't worry about coming in whether it snows or not."  I had somehow missed the memo that bad weather was coming our way.  It was 60 degrees outside, and so I just shrugged and said, "Okay," and started making plans for how to use the bonus day off.  Earlier in the week, I'd had the idea that it would be nice to make our grandchildren some trinket boxes for their rooms, a place for the little treasures they accumulate.  We'd have a long weekend to work on the first one.  So before I left work, I searched the internet for a free wooden box pattern, and on the way home I stopped at the lumber store and bought lumber, screws, and hardware to make boxes.

Last night at 6 p.m., it was still 60 degrees and drizzling rain.  This morning at 4 a.m., I woke up to the sound of sleet pelting our bedroom window.  By daybreak, our yard was covered with ice pellets.  By mid-morning, the sleet had changed to snow.


I am pacing like a caged cat, worrying about the family driving to and from work on these icy roads.  Thank goodness I have a project for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment