Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Critter hunting - December 8, 2020

 Last night after supper, I went out to the back porch for a few minutes, even though it was a little nippy.  As I was standing out there in the dark, I heard something scratching around in the leaves and thought, “Armadillo!”  

I went inside and said to The Husband, “I think the armadillo is out here.”  He jumped up and got his rifle out of the gun safe.  We went out the front door to sneak around the side of the house, he with the rifle and I with the spotlight, like two Elmer Fudds.

We looked all around the yard, but there was no critter in sight.  

The Husband put up his gun and went back to what he was doing.  I went back out to the porch.  A few minutes later, I heard more scratching.  I convinced The Husband to get his gun again, and we went back outside to listen.  I heard more rustling and believed it was coming from down in the gully behind the house.  We crept over to the edge of the gully and I flicked on the spotlight.  

It was a possum.

Neither of us wanted to “off” the possum, so we went back inside.

End of story. ;)

For the record, I had a covid test yesterday.  It’ll be a couple of days before I get the results.  Meanwhile, I feel fine, don’t have any symptoms (other than this allergy-related snotty nose and cough that I’ve had since October).  


No comments:

Post a Comment