Sunday, December 20, 2020

Tulip Bulbs - December 20, 2020

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I'd been exposed to covid and had been tested, but the results had not come back when I wrote the post.  Well, they came back on Wednesday, and said I was negative.  Whew!

The day after I got the test results, I was exposed again, and this time I was seriously worried.  I'd spent an hour and a half in a car with the boss on Thursday, and she tested positive on Friday.  She called me on Saturday with the news.

I immediately self-quarantined in my house.  Shut myself up in a spare bedroom and stayed there all weekend long.  Wore a mask if I had to come out.  

The Husband decided that he'd better work from home last week in case I had caught the virus and exposed him.  He didn't want to spread it around his office.  Come Monday, with him working at home and The Boss home sick, I went to my office for a change of scenery since no one else was there.  Tuesday I went for another covid test.  Results came back on Wednesday:  negative.  

Of course, the experts say symptoms can appear up to two weeks after exposure (I think they've lowered that to 10 days now), so I continued to wear my mask and "social distance" at home.  So far, no symptoms on day 10. 

I firmly believe the masks The Boss and I wore saved me.  

* * * * * * * * * *

Knock on wood, I have felt better for the past few days than I've felt for two months.  The cough and snotty nose I've had since mid-October have finally abated a little.  Maybe it's the kefir/vitamin regimen I've been on, hoping to avoid covid.  "They" say kefir can help with allergies.  In any case, having been cooped up for so many days, I ventured out Friday morning in search of wrapping paper.  Walmart was crawling with people (at 8 a.m.!), and I would not go in.  Ended up at Tractor Supply, not hoping for wrapping paper, but hoping to see some little gift The Husband might like.  And guess what?  Tractor Supply had wrapping paper!  They also had spring bulbs.  I bought two packs of tulip bulbs, 18 bulbs per pack, and planted them along the walkway to the front of the house.  I do hope nothing eats them and they come up and do beautifully come spring!

After planting the bulbs, I set to work wrapping presents. 

Then I made four batches of hot honey mustard to tuck in with some gifts.  The fumes from this cooking may be what un-stopped my nose.  ;)

Yesterday, I spent the day embroidering sweatshirts.

It felt so good to be productive!


No comments:

Post a Comment