Friday, December 4, 2020

Exposed - December 4, 2020

 

Well, sh*t fire . . . . 

I was exposed to the coronavirus Wednesday at work.  I am irked.

My work involves travel to offices in five counties.  I had a bad feeling about Wednesday's trip before we (The Boss and I) ever hit the road, for I knew that one of the people in the office we would be visiting had been to a conference with many other people, and that most of those people probably weren't wearing masks.  For that reason, I was pretty careful to wear my mask and sanitize my hands at every opportunity.  As it turned out, it was a different person in the office who tested positive for the virus yesterday, and she had briefly been fairly close to me without wearing her mask.  

So, now I am a little worried, and trying to be careful at home, just in case I was infected.  As soon as I got the call (the day after exposure), I sanitized everything I touched Wednesday afternoon after work.  When The Husband came home from work, I kept my distance from him.  Looks like I'll be sleeping in the spare bedroom for a few days.  I will go for yet another virus test Monday (I think today is too soon to get tested).  

Last night, my son and his family dropped by.  I was in the back part of the house and heard The Granddaughters chattering.  I went to the living room door, stood well away from them to say hello, but told them, "No hugging!"  We blew kisses to one another when they left.  They are all in school but have not come down with the virus, as far as we know.  It would be such a shame for them to catch it from their grandmother!

And I worry about The Husband.  He has heart issues.  He doesn't need the virus.

But even though I'm a little worried, I am hopeful that the precautions I took protected me.  I have been taking vitamins and drinking my home-made kefir, which is supposed to be very good for the immune system.  (I'm slugging down a cup of kefir right now!)





No comments:

Post a Comment