Thursday, January 21, 2021

From the Sewing Room - January 21, 2021

 

Since my last post, I have a new granddaughter.  Daughter #4 for my son and his wife.  There is a 16-year spread between the four girls.  God be with them, and their parents.  

Since my last post, the laptop has migrated to the sewing room.  It moved from the back porch to the kitchen table when the weather turned cold.  It never was a very comfortable place to roost.  The kitchen chairs are hard.  Sitting in them for very long hurts both butt and back, so I haven't been spending much time at the laptop, which means I haven't done much digitizing.  I probably would have put up with the situation a while longer, except that the 3 Sisters spent a few days with us while Sister 4 was being born.    All three of them were doing virtual school, and we needed three more spaces for folks to work and eat.

The sewing room is the sensible place for the laptop, since I occasionally have to use it when transferring a design to a machine.  I do have a sensible place to work in here - my cutting table, which I seldom actually use for cutting.  I also have a decent chair.  But, land sakes, this room is very nearly a death trap.  Extension cords, pedals, and bags to trip over, and boxes that probably house whole families of spiders way down in their bottoms. On a good day, it looks like something from the hoarders tv show.  The 3 Sisters love it in here, and we trashed it up even more while they were visiting.

We re-arranged the cutting table again and tried out a new toy - a heat press machine, the kind people use to imprint vinyl onto t-shirts and other things.  The girls and I played with it, and came up with a cute onesie and a glittery "Welcome Home" sign for the new baby.  After they went home, I successfully put a vinyl design on a t-shirt.  The machine will do mugs and hats and other things, and I can us my embroidery software to digitize designs that we can cut out with my old cutting machine.  

Oh, and it can do heat-set rhinestones.  

I'm 'bout to have me some fun up in here..  ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment