Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year - 1/1/2021

 

Happy new year to you both.

We had a quiet New Year's Eve, as usual.  It's been YEARS since we've gone out to celebrate.  The noise, the cold, the drunks - it's more than I can stand, even in a good year.  I cooked a pot of chicken & dumplings and some sweet peas with mushrooms, and we ate them while we watched a couple of music theory tutorials on my laptop at the kitchen table.  Exciting, eh?  That's how we roll.  

By 9:30, I was in bed, finishing a book.

If this was a normal New Year's Day, about now I'd be cleaning up from a dinner I would've cooked for my siblings, but since we are social-distancing, it's just me and The Husband.  We'll be eating left-over chicken & dumplings instead of blackeye peas and cabbage.  (I do have some left-over slaw in the refrigerator, so we might get a bite of cabbage, after all.)

For most of the day, I have been a lazy bum, and don't have any plans to change that before the day is over.  


No comments:

Post a Comment