Monday, December 20, 2021

Christmas is Coming - December 20, 2021

 

For the past few years (and this year), the Best Boss in the World has given me time off before and after Christmas.  I typically use the time before Christmas to make a few extra Christmas gifts, buy the groceries to make Christmas goodies, and squeeze in a bit of last-minute shopping.  While I appreciate the time off before Christmas, the after-Christmas time off is absolutely wonderful.  

Today, none of the usual pre-Christmas stuff will get done, for I have the good fortune to babysit the Little Rotten Baby while her parents do some shopping.  We kept her for a little while last night while they wrapped presents.  She is such a joy, rotten-ness and all.  And such a FAKER!  She got a little fussy toward the end of the evening, and I laid her down to change her diaper.  As she was grumbling about it, I mocked her:  "Wah-wah-wahhhhhh."  And she grinned and went, "Wah-wah-wahhhhh."  Faker.

She loves books.  Last night, we read every book that had good pictures in it.  This morning, in preparation for her arrival, I busted open a set of pop-up books we bought her for Christmas and chose a farm animal book.  The first page has a giant rooster that pops up.  We'll be cock-a-doodle-dooing today!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment