Wednesday, February 16, 2022

A Good Day - February 15, 2022

Yesterday was pretty much an all-around good day.

For starters, it was our anniversary; 42 years and counting.  It's hard to believe we've been married that long.  

The Husband, a romantic at heart, looked up the traditional gift for a 42nd anniversary and discovered that it is red jade.  When he came home from work, he gave me a necklace and some earrings set with red jade.  

We had dinner reservations at a new "speak-easy" restaurant in town.  Sometimes, the restaurant posts a "code" word on its Facebook page.  Before we left the house, I pulled up Facebook to get the code.  While doing so, I noticed that there were a ton of "likes" on my page.  I hadn't posted anything and was curious about what people were liking, so I investigated it and discovered that The Husband had recorded himself playing the ukulele and singing a romantic song, with a slide-show of pictures of us taken on our travels.  Awwwwww.  So sweet!

Our dinner was delicious.

Another good thing that happened was a call about a new job prospect.  I'll keep the details under my hat for now, but I am very excited.

Only two things made the day not quite perfect:  (1) the gift I ordered for The Husband was still floating around somewhere in California, and (2) we came home to a water leak in the front yard.  Lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment