Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Dang! - February 22, 2022

 The Little Rotten Baby has learned to say, "Dang!"  She picked it up from her father and her sisters, who say it in response to something surprising, upsetting, amazing, etc.  She says it with a Southern accent, and usually with a good bit of flair:  "D-AAAAAA-NG!"  We visited her and her family two days ago.  As I was holding her, facing me, she noticed my necklace, a ladybug made of red jade.  She grasped it in her tiny fingers and said, under her breath, "Dang."  

Cracked me up.

* * * * * * * 

Yesterday I came down with a sore throat and a stopped-up nose.  Generally felt yucky all day.  I'd hugged my grandson on Saturday, before learning that he was suffering from the same symptoms.  Could I have caught his bug so quickly?  Was it covid?  Had I, in turn, infected the LRB when she was in my face, examining my necklace?  I worried all night.  I had a job interview this morning and didn't want to miss it.  Our government-issued rapid covid tests had come in the mail over the weekend, so I used one this morning.  Thankfully, it was negative.  But the LRB is feeling puny today.  Her mom says they've all had the same crud for the past few days.  

It was raining cats and dogs when I left the house this morning.  The wind blew my janky umbrella inside-out before I could get to the car, and then the left side of my body got soaked while I was in the car, trying to close the umbrella.  My route to town was flooded in low places; at one point, I was afraid my car would drown-out.  By the time I made it to the job interview, my coat and feet were sopping wet.

The interview went well, I think.  It seems that there are multiple positions that need filling, thanks to some new industrial endeavors in our area.  I don't yet know which one will be offered to me, but I'm pretty sure I won't be on the highway, holding a STOP/SLOW sign for on-coming traffic.

The Boss called after the interview.  She's got this same nose crud (most likely where I got it, come to think of it) and had been to the doctor.  She said she wasn't coming in, and that I should go home.  I did not argue with her.  I'd been trying to dry my shoes and socks in front of a portable electric heater, without much success.  It felt so good to come home and get in some dry, warm clothes.

It's going to be tough working for another boss, who likely won't spoil me the way this one has.  






No comments:

Post a Comment