Sunday, March 13, 2022

Not the way I planned it - March 13, 2022

I've always wanted to learn to paint with watercolors.  Since I expected to have some days off from work this past week, I ordered paint, paintbrushes, and watercolor paper, and saved a list of how-to videos that looked promising.  Everything was set to go for Tuesday morning, my first day off.

If you've read last week's posts, you already know that most of my "free" time was spent fooling with Aunt Melvie's "treasures."  Although I went to the office for a little while on Friday, most of that day was spent loading and hauling away and unloading the last of the furniture in Melvie's apartment.  It was COLD and blustery, and all that time in the cold wind made my throat and ears hurt again.  

Come Saturday, I was planning to stay in my warm jammies all day, watching the videos I'd saved, and maybe get in a little painting time.  That didn't happen, for about 10 a.m., my daughter-in-law called, wanting to make some t-shirts for her kids to wear on St. Patrick's Day.  I told her to come on over, and we spent the rest of the day working on the shirts.

But this morning -

This morning I was sure that I'd have all day to explore watercolor painting.  Alas, about 9:30, Granddaughter #1 sent a text; she needed a dress and some shoes for her band's spring concert.  A day at the mall?  Lovely.  (I hate shopping.)  I got dressed and went to get her and Granddaughter #2.  We shopped and shopped.  I am exhausted.

But it was good to hang out with the ladies today.  They are such sweet girls.  And the best part was that when I walked in their house, the Little Rotten Baby ran to me, holding up her arms to be picked up, and she blew me kisses when I left.  

It made my day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment