Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving - November 24, 2022

The Husband and will be going to my brother's house for a mid-day Thanksgiving meal.  My cooking assignment this year was dressing, gravy, and ham, but because my brother loves spinach dip, I made some of that, too.  My brother once said that Thanksgiving was his favorite holiday; no present-giving, nothing but eating.  My response to him was, "That's because YOU aren't responsible for the 2-3 days of shopping/cooking/cleaning before the holiday."

Son #2 and his family are having everybody over for dinner at 6 tonight.  Our assignment for that meal was green bean casserole.  We probably won't be very hungry by then, but we can have an extra helping of sweet grandchild smooches on the Little Rotten Baby and her sisters.  

After that - or maybe between the two meals - we'll put in an appearance at Nanny's.  One of the out-of-town nieces has come down for the holiday, and she brought her new beau.  We'll have to go if for no other reason than to check him out.  ;)

Everything is ready, except the dressing and the casserole need to be baked.  I'll pop those in the oven in a few minutes.  The ham bone is boiling on the stove.  We'll make beans or potato soup with the broth and ham bits tomorrow.  (Reminder: add beans and/or potatoes to tomorrow's shopping list.)

We have no beans or potatoes in the house because we've been on a low carb diet for a little over six months.  Since June, The Husband has lost 20 pounds and has had to buy new pants.  I've lost somewhere between 30 and 40 pounds - not sure what I weighed when we started - but am still wearing the same old clothes because I HATE TO SHOP.  I guess I'll keep wearing them till they fall off.  Now that I'm working from home most days, who's gonna know?





No comments:

Post a Comment