Thursday, November 9, 2023

A dreary day - November 9, 2023

It's a little dreary and cool on the back porch this morning.   The yard is covered with leaves.  From where I sit, I can see the compost pile.  It looks like some critter dug in it last night.  We have set up a trail camera pointing straight at the compost bin, and it hasn't caught a blasted thing except for me and The Husband going out there to see if it's caught anything.

I went out there just now to rearrange the set-up, and now I really can't figure out why the camera isn't picking up this phantom.  There's a very distinct path up the compost heap, right in view of the camera.  I moved some of the yard equipment away from the bin.  Maybe we'll get footage tonight.

I don't know why we're being so silly about this.  We already know it's Jose, the armadillo.  A couple of nights ago, we heard something scratching in the leaves near the porch.  The Husband shined a spotlight and said, "It's the armadillo," and switched off the light.  I volunteered to hold the spotlight while he blasted it, but he doesn't like to shoot at night.

* * * * * * * * 

Tuesday's painting class was blah.  I was blah.  I did not take the picture of Daddy and my brother to work on; instead, I took some Christmas cards I'd drawn, but didn't paint them.  Just wasn't feeling it.  Since then, I've drawn a few more.  Maybe I'll paint them today.

Or not.

I never send Christmas cards.  

Maybe I will this year.

Maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment