Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Tuesday - November 21, 2023

Today, I'll be having lunch with my former boss.  Our monthly lunch date was supposed to happen last Tuesday, but she was "in a mess" that day and begged off until today.  In anticipation of a trip to town, with Thanksgiving dinner coming up, I put in a grocery order.  

Painting class was cancelled this week, as all of us old ladies need to be cooking instead of painting.

We've already enjoyed one Thanksgiving meal - last Saturday with a daughter-in-law's family.  On Sunday, we went to my brother's house - not for a Thanksgiving dinner, but to visit his children who had come from out of town for the holiday.  He usually throws a big Thanksgiving dinner for the extended family, but they've got too much going on this year.   Thanksgiving Day, we will be joining The Husband's family for a big pot-luck meal.  This is the one I'm looking forward to; his family has some gooooood cooks in it. I'll start my cooking tomorrow.

Speaking of food, I'm sitting here on the back porch looking at an ear of corn that one of the Granddaughters found in the corn field behind the house.  It was missing a few grains when she found it.  The Husband tossed it onto the compost bin after the kids left.  By the next morning, it was on the ground in front of the bin, and it's still there.  The trail cam catches 'possums and the occasional rabbit digging in the compost, but nothing even sniffs at the corn.  Why is that?




No comments:

Post a Comment