Sunday, April 28, 2024

Needlework - April 28, 2024

Before we left on our trip, I went to Hobby Lobby to get some little project to do in the car.  I was thinking of something like pillowcases or tea towels to embroider, but I ended up with a "punch needle" kit.  I'd never done this craft and still cannot do it; each stitch pulls out the previous one.  I put it aside.  Who needs this kind of frustration?  

At the end of the first leg of the trip, The Husband and I went "junkin'," where I came across an unopened bag of white 18" quilt squares stamped with hearts and flowers to cross-stitch and embroider.  $10.  The picture on the bag showed a drawing of a quilt - 12 squares with sashing between them.  Although my track record for finishing big needlework projects is not too great, I bought the quilt squares just to have something to do.  The next day, after taking our granddaughter to breakfast, we went to Hobby Lobby and bought the necessary embroidery thread and needles.  As we started toward our next destination, I opened the package and discovered that there were only 6 squares in the package.  In tiny print (which I did not read at the flea market), the package clearly stated that there were 6 squares inside, and that it would take 5 packages to make a queen-sized quilt.

THIRTY IDENTICAL SQUARES?

I might've had the gumption to finish 12 squares (might've taken a few years), but 30?  It didn't seem probable.  Nevertheless, I threaded a needle and got to work.  Maybe I could finish just one or two squares and make a pillow instead of a quilt.

Square #2 is almost finished, and the process has been enjoyable enough that I will probably make few more.

But 30?

Or even 24 (for a double bed quilt)?

I dunno . . . .  :-\


No comments:

Post a Comment