Thursday, March 18, 2010

Journal: 1st Beans/Peas

I planted broad beans and snap peas today. I'd never even seen a "broad bean," much less eaten one, so I have no idea what I'm getting. But if the new beans turn out to be as big as the seeds, we'll only need two or three apiece to make dinner. ;)

The tweleve cruciferous plants have survived two nights without even a nibble from a rabbit (knock on wood). The onions - well, I guess I'll find where I put those when they come up.

Rumor has it that Mr. Charles may come with his tractor to break up the other garden today. I just called Nanny and told her not to let him in the little garden. Though she probably won't repeat this part of the conversation to him, I threatened him with bodily harm if he plows up my stuff. You are my witness.

-----------

No comments:

Post a Comment