Friday, May 21, 2010

Mid-Season Resolution

I feel so bad. 

Last night, Nanny popped in for a minute, and in the course of the conversation, she mentioned that she had tilled the big garden, the terribly grassy one, the one that had been too wet to till only two days ago. 

I feel bad, because Nanny has no business running the tiller.  She's a little Smurf of a woman (except that she's not blue).  She had major surgery this time last year.  She does not need to be dragged and shaken. 

So I'm going to have to do a better job at tending the garden, to beat her to the tiller. 

While I was out and about yesterday, I picked up 18 more tomato plants for the big garden.  Today, I need to find some green bean seeds so that we can re-plant, as our first planting was under-water too long and did not come up.  Also, there are black crowder pea seeds coming; we'll need to fix rows for those, as soon as Pop-Pop gets through with his earthwork.  We still haven't planted any butterbeans.  And I have a package of "dinosaur gourd" seeds to plant.

I'd best get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment