Monday, August 1, 2011

Note to Self re. Watering

I watered the butterbeans, squash, tomatoes, peppers, and corn today.  Didn't make it to the cucumbers, green beans, and peas.  While the water was running, The Husband and I picked squash, cucumbers, peppers, and okra.  The okra is really going to town.  Heh...must be all that swagglin'.  Anyway...finish the watering tomorrow.

We had a garden supper tonight - fried eggplant, butterbeans, and frozen ravioli with fresh tomato/basil sauce.  That sauce was good on the eggplant, too; with a little parmesan cheese grated on top, it was a like a quickie Eggplant Parmigiana.  The butter beans were good.  I chopped and fried one piece of bacon until it was about halfway done, then I dumped the raw butterbeans (about 2 cups) into the skillet, swooshed them around with the bacon, and let them heat for a couple of minutes.  Then I poured enough water on the beans to cover them, simmered the water out, then watered/simmered them again.  What little liquid remained was like gravy.  Next time I do it, I'll add a little finely-chopped onion - and/or a little roasted red pepper - in with the bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment