Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rain

It's raining right now.  Sort of.  It's an indecisive rain, one that falls intermittently between bouts of sunshine.  But it's rain, and we need it.  I heard the weatherman say that we're 12" behind for the year.  This should bring up the okra and rattlesnake beans I planted this week.

It's also going to wash off the fungicide and insecticide that I sprayed yesterday.  I'll have to do it all over again this weekend.  :-\ 

Actually, it's not a bad thing in terms of the squash.  After doing some reading, I'm not certain that the "BT" stuff I sprayed will kill squash bugs.  I bought a different kind of insecticide today, one that's supposed to be "eco-friendly" (though I'm not sure that the words "insecticide" and "eco-friendly" belong in the same sentence, unless there's a "not" between them).

No comments:

Post a Comment