Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Should Be Planning


My sister gave me a gardening calendar.  It says that in January I ought to be ordering seeds and starting seeds for cool weather crops.  I guess since it's almost the end of January, I'm already behind, eh? 

The priority right now is getting the no-till method cooking.  I ran out of newspaper before I finished even one row last weekend when the weather was nice.  Folks are saving newspapers for me this week, so maybe I'll be able to finish two rows this weekend.  It looks like it's going to take about 5 bales of straw per 75-ft-long row, so I'll have to lay in more straw, too.

I bet you're wondering how the pineapple upside-down kefir cake turned out.  It would have been better had I remembered to add baking powder and salt to the flour.   :\  The kefir had just enough leavening power by itself to make a dense cake with a texture almost like cheesecake.  But we're eating it!


No comments:

Post a Comment