Thursday, October 10, 2024

Morning Edition - October 10, 2024

On a normal day, I would have been at work for almost an hour by this time, but there were complications.  The maintenance dude who usually unlocks my workroom had a meeting to attend at 7:00 this morning.  I could have gone in 30 minutes earlier to allow him time to let me in and get where he needs to be by7:00, but I did not want to go that early.  The meeting should be over by 10, at which time he will call/text me, and I'll drag my lazy butt to work.

In Phase II, Part 1, only a few boxes remain to be emptied and sorted.  I've peeked into them.  They mostly contain Part 2 files, but I'll have to go through them before I can finish Part 1, as there's some Part 1 stuff mixed in with the Part 2 stuff.  Imagine that.  :-/  

Of the original 20 boxes of unnumbered files, 5 boxes remain to be gone through.  Numbering the files myself is reducing the volume of "mystery files" by more than 50%; there should be about 6 boxes of files when I'm done.  Someone up the food chain will have to decide how to treat those files, but this will have to do it before I begin putting the files in numerical order, and I already know what's going to happen; they will drag their feet until I finally say, "Send them back to me."

I'm going to need more file cabinets.






No comments:

Post a Comment