Thursday, October 3, 2024

Phase II mini-victory - October 3,2024

Today I tackled boxes I'd been dreading.  Some of the boxes were in a creepy corner and underneath a big sheet of burnt metal.  (Don't ask me what it is or why it's there.)  Messing with the metal seemed risky for a lot of reasons, one of which is the large number of years it's been since I had a tetanus shot.  I dragged out as many boxes as I could without injuring myself.

One of the boxes was a gold mine.  It appeared to be the contents of a desk.  It was mostly personal stuff - 50-year-old newspaper clippings and such, but in it was also one of the old lost files I was asked to find.  It also contained photographs of a still-busting.  As in moonshine.  No clue where it happened, and not even a date on the photographs, but based on the clothing and vehicle styles, I'd guess it happened in the early 70's.  I could've dug around in that box for hours, but it wasn't the kind of stuff I needed, so I moved on.  

But I set that box aside for another day. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment