Tuesday, November 16, 2021

I stopped at the hardware store yesterday after work and bought a big roll of white duct tape to secure the areas on the porch wrap where we overlapped the panels.  When I got home, I changed clothes and hurried outside to get to work.  It took less than 30 minutes to get the job done.

Cousin Roger motored over while I was taping.  He approved of the porch wrap.  He'd come over to talk to me about the wooden panel he'd laid on the porch table while I was at work.  He had pried the panel out of a coat rack that he'd found at a thrift store and intended to refurbish.  It appeared to be some kind of decal applied to a thin sheet of wood.  It was faded.  He wanted me to "spiff it up a little."


I was stumped about what to do with it.  Should I paint it?  The panel is slick and probably wouldn't hold paint.  Wood-burn it?  I'm not sure my wood-burning skills are sufficient.  I told him I might be able to paint a reasonable facsimile if I had some non-slick wood cut to the proper size.  He said, "I'll be right back," and 20 minutes later he came back with a blank panel.  

Since The Husband is out of town and I wasn't going to cook dinner, I went to work on it.  I tried to conjure Bob Ross.  Worked on it for an hour or so. 

It's not looking much like the original.  I think I might have summoned Picasso, instead.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment