Sunday, November 21, 2021

Re-Raspberries - November 21, 2021

The raspberry syrup that I re-cooked yesterday morning turned out more like raspberry butter.  It is delicious.  

I spent most of the day on the back porch yesterday, painting boards that Cousin Roger had brought over here earlier in the week.  I'd said to him, "What do you want painted on them?"

He said, "Maybe some of them knolls."

"Knolls?"

"You know. . . them things like you painted on that other board with their hats down over their eyes."

"Oh.  GNOMES.  On all of the boards?"

"Naw.  Just put something Christmas on all of them."

Now, I never had an original idea in my life, so I hunted on Pinterest for something to paint.  

"Knolls."  Check.  

I found a board on which was painted a cow with a wreath around its neck.  Being a country boy, I figured Roger would like a cow.  So I commenced painting.  But I got my proportions wrong, and the cow turned into a calf.  He'll just have to be happy with a calf.




* * * * * * * * 

Two weeks ago or more, Roger brought over a pair of overalls for me to "fix."  There was nothing wrong with the overalls.  The problem was his belly.  It had grown outward, and his overall galluses wouldn't meet the buttons.  He wanted me to splice in a piece of fabric to lengthen them.  

I had other things to do, so I tossed them aside in the sewing room, and have been tossing them around the sewing room ever since.  This morning, I decided to get it done.  


I've draped them over the couch on the porch.  If he waits more than a day or two to come get them, he'll probably need to shake them for lizards.

* * * * * * * * 

Granddaughter #1 called a few minutes ago.  She needs a dress for a party (and/or her Christmas concert) on December 18.  She wanted me to take her shopping.

I hate shopping.  I hate driving in the city.  But I love The Granddaughters, so I said yes, but we have to go today, for next weekend is Black Friday, and after that there'll be Christmas traffic.

It's raining today.

Wish us luck.




No comments:

Post a Comment