Monday, November 29, 2021

Thanksgiving Weekend - November 29, 2021

 

I hope you had a perfect Thanksgiving holiday.  

Ours couldn't have been much better: lots of good food and family, with a little down-time over the weekend.

On Friday, after the cooking/eating/visiting was over, I got my covid booster shot.  My first vaccine was a J&J shot, but I got the Moderna booster after reading that it ramped up the immunity a little better.  After the J&J shot, I had a headache and felt kinda bad for about a day.  I didn't know what to expect with the Moderna shot, so I scheduled it for the long weekend to give me time to recover if it made me feel crappy.  I had a bit of a headache - not bad - and was a little draggy for a couple of hours on Saturday morning.  Overall, it was not bad at all.

Good thing, too, because Saturday afternoon, Granddaughter #1 texted me to ask if she and her sisters could spend the night.  I said, "Sure!"  They got here about suppertime.  We fed them pizza and left-over chicken & dumplings.  We made things in the sewing room.  The next morning, The Nugget woke me up pretty early and helped me make biscuits.  We made round biscuits and star-shaped biscuits and Christmas tree-shaped biscuits.  She wore flour on the end of her nose for the rest of the morning.  ;)

They went home around lunchtime.  

About that time, I put on a pot of white beans to soak.  We had a ham bone and some drippings left over from Thanksgiving; they made the beans tasty.  Nanny showed up for a few minutes about the time the beans got done, and I sent a bowl full of beans home with her to keep us from having to eat beans for the next four days.  Later, I made a pan of cornbread to go with the beans.  Home-made chili sauce on top of the beans rounded out our supper.  (Guess what we're having for supper tonight.)   ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment