Wednesday, November 10, 2021

 This is how my work day started yesterday:



Three miles took about 20 minutes.  

Things kind of went downhill from there.

I spent TWO HOURS on the telephone with my insurance company and the other guy's insurance company.  Both companies blew up my phone with text messages the instant I gave them my telephone number.  They played the same freakin' "hold music."  The tune is permanently burned into my brain.

The other guy's insurance "accepted liability" for the wreck, thank goodness.  I made them send a wrecker for my car since the right rear wheel was wearing a donut tire, and the right from wheel had a substantial gash in it that might blow any minute.  This involved another blasts of texts, more automated phone calls, and 20 more minutes on hold.

Meanwhile, The Boss was pacing back and forth between my office and hers.  She is working on a class reunion scheduled to happen this weekend.  One of her jobs was to find a helium tank to inflate balloons for the party.  The local WalMart didn't have a helium tank.  She needed to go to the next town to find one, and wanted me to drive her.  Just as we were preparing to leave, I got another call from the wrecker company.  They were coming within the hour and needed the car key.  Of course, it was in my purse.  We made a 15-mile detour to my house so that I could leave the key in the seat.

The Boss scored a helium tank in the next town.  We stopped for lunch, then went back to the office until quittin' time.

Over the weekend, I had promised The Grandson that I would take him to have his phone and i-pad repaired.  Both screens were cracked and had been cracked for months.  I don't know why his parents had not taken care of this.  In any case, I went to pick him up.  He came out of the house empty-handed and came around to the driver's side of my car. 

"Can I drive?"  

He is 14.

I said, "No.  Where's your stuff?"

"Oh."  He went back in the house and got his phone and i-pad.  He is his grandmother's child.  <sigh>

We went to the repair store.  On the way home, I let him drive the last few miles.

O.M.G.

"Slow down."

"Get on your side of the road."

"Use your blinker."

"SLOW DOWN!"

The Husband was already home by the time I made it home.

I said, "After the harrowing ride I just had, I need to smoke a bunch of dope AND drink a bunch of liquor!"

I didn't do either.  But I wanted to.




No comments:

Post a Comment