Tuesday, November 23, 2021

The early bird may get the worm, but . . . November 23, 2021

 The Granddaughters and I had a successful shopping trip Sunday afternoon.  We stopped at multiple stores, looking for fancy dresses.  Granddaughter #1 needed a dress for a masquerade party.  Granddaughter #2 needed a dress for her Christmas band concert.  Granddaughter #3 didn't especially need a dress but is old enough to feel left out if her older sisters had fancy new dresses and she didn't get one, so we bought one for her, too.  (The Little Rotten Baby didn't get one.)  Everybody was happy with the choices, and we made it back safely from the city.

* * * * * * * * 

Over the weekend, a mouse ran past my foot on the back porch and scampered behind the cabinet next to where I sit when I'm working at the computer.  I baited a trap with feta cheese and eased it into his path.  Come yesterday morning, I checked the trap.  It was upside-down atop a belly-up mouse.  GOT HIM!  

Since I was about to go to work, I did not want to fool with getting the mouse out of the trap, so I left it where it was.  And promptly forgot about it.

After work, when I went out to the porch, I heard the distinctive sound of the mouse trap rattling.  I thought, "Surely that mouse is not alive."  I peeked into the crack where I'd set the trap just in time to see another mouse run behind the cabinet.  THE SECOND MOUSE HAD GOTTEN THE CHEESE!

Disposing of dead, trapped mice is usually The Husband's job, but he wasn't here, so I steeled myself and freed the mouse carcass from the trap, then I re-baited it with nice, fresh feta.  

The trap hasn't been sprung this morning.  Come get it, little dude.  You know you want it.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment