Sunday, September 11, 2022

Hydrangea Cuttings, Day 1 - September 11, 2022

Friday afternoon, almost as soon as I cut the hydrangea limbs away from the HVAC unit, I cut some of the limbs into sections and stuck them down in a plastic tub full of dirt.  I set them on the back side of the porch, away from full sun.

I put the rest of the limbs in a tub of water and offered to give the remaining ones away on Facebook, first-come, first served.  Although several people responded that they wanted some, only one person (my niece) came to get some yesterday.  To be fair, it was raining; maybe people just didn't want to get out in it.

This morning, I filled plastic picnic cups with dirt until I ran out of cups, chopped two more hydrangea limbs into cuttings, and planted them. 



If even half of these rascals survive, I should have enough to plant the glorious hydrangea bed I envision.

The niece just called and said she's on her way over here for more limbs.  She must have the same vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment