Saturday, October 15, 2022

Chili Day - October 15, 2022

Today has been a pretty good day!

First, I slept till after 7 a.m., which might be a record for the past few months.  

I took my coffee out to the porch and worked my daily crossword puzzle undisturbed.

Son #1 had entered a chili cooking contest and invited us to come hang with them.  It started raining about noon, and we wondered if the contest was even still going.  But around 1:30, the skies cleared.  I mixed up a double-strength carb-free daiquiri, and we went to join our son and daughter-in-law.  He didn't win the contest, but his chili was delicious, and we enjoyed a rare Saturday afternoon with our young'uns.

To top it off, Tennessee just beat Alabama in football in a real nail-biter game.

Yeah, it's been a good day.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment